1. How we collect and use information
* Different type of information is collected through the Service, including: information provided directly by you; information automatically gathered from log data, IP addresses, and aggregated user data; cookies; information given by you about your friends; and your chat histories. This information may be used in different ways.
* Information that you provide us directly:
2. What it is:
* Information that you give us at the time of registering an account including first and last name, username, phone number, email address, password, date of birth/age and other personal information
* Information that you post on your Mobile Dialer profile including profile pictures, location, bio-data etc.
* All other content that you post and share on any part of the Service including photos, videos and any other content associated with your account
* Information that you give us during any communication through mail or chat
* Information that we collect from your contacts and address book that is associated with your Mobile Dialer account
3. How we use the collected information:
* To enable you to access your mobile Dialer account and use the service
* To enable other Mobile Dialer users to easily connect with you by listing your profile in their Mobile Dialer directory. Please note that the information you provide about yourself in your profile will be seen by other Mobile Dialer users
* To enforce our Terms of Service
* To respond to your comments and queries
* To customize your experience
* To test and introduce new features
* To improve and monitor the effectiveness of our Service
* To carry out contests, surveys, evaluations, and other events or activities in which user can participate
* To communicate with you regarding the use of the Service and to advise you regarding any change in the Service
* To find and connect you with your friends and other Mobile Dialer users
* To find and invite your contacts to connect with you on Mobile Dialer
* To send you articles, news, updates, newsletters, marketing materials, or any other information related to the Service via mail and other contact information
* You can opt out from receiving any notifications by following instructions given in each email. Also, unsubscribing from Mobile Dialer is very easy.
4. Other things you should know:
* At our sole discretion, we may remove any information such as username, profile picture, name etc., that you provide us at the time of registration, if we believe any of the information is inappropriate or violating any of the policies mentioned in our Policy page , including, but not limited to, our Terms of Service.
Information that we automatically collect:
1. What is it:
* Whenever you use our Service, information about your current device, be it desktop, laptop, mobile or tablet, is automatically collected. The collected information include inter-alia session data, IP addresses, web browser software information, and mobile device identifiers such as your devices UDID.
Information about your online activities, including but not limited to the content viewed, demographic patterns, elements of the Service used, and the pages visited by you may also be collected.
2. How we use it:
* This information is analyzed, evaluated and/or aggregated to improve and optimize our service as it helps us better understand your interests as well the interests of other users.
3. Other things you should know:
Information that we collect from cookies and other technologies
1. What are they?
* We may share with third parties, aggregated information about the Service and our users, without your explicit consent. The third parties may include without limitation, advertisers, media, and actual or potential partners or investors. The information is used for informational, marketing, and/or promotional purposes. The shared information will in no way compromise the privacy of any individual user as it is shared strictly on an aggregated basis and does not make any user personally identifiable.
* "Cookies" and similar technologies, such as web beacons and locally stored objects, are small data files that are transferred to a users computer by the service provider to collect information such as the pages visited, the date and the time of the visit and other information about the Service. Cookies arent designed to personally identify a user, instead are used to gather details about the browser, and the session.
2. How we use them?
* To deliver faster and more consistent Service
* To help us better understand your interactions with the Service
* To measure the effectiveness of the service, its features, offerings, advertisements, and other communications
3. Other things you should know:
* The cookies on your browser may also be placed or read by Third party advertisers on the Service. However, your browser settings may be changed to stop accepting cookies, or to prompt you before accepting a cookie on a website that you visit; but you should know that you might not be able to use all the features of our Service if you dont accept cookies.
Information you give us about your friends
1. What is it?
* Whenever the Service is used by you to connect with a friend, you are asked about your friends email address and/or phone number which is stored by us. You may also be asked to access your contacts through phonebook, or social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc. for this purpose.
2. How do we use it?
* When you use the Service to invite your contacts to use the Service, an email or SMS is sent to them inviting them to visit the Service. This information is used solely for the purpose of sending emails or SMS messages, which helps your friends to register with the Service, and for tracking the success of our invitation program. If your contacts want to remove their information from our database, they may contact us anytime at email@example.com
1. What is it?
* We may collect and store information about your current location when you use our Mobile App. This is done either by converting your IP address into a rough geo-location or by accessing the GPS coordinates or coarse location of your mobile.
2. How do we use it?
* We use it to improve and personalize our Services as it helps us to identify nearby Business Users for the user to communicate with.
Information from your Chat History
1. What is it?
* All the information contained in your Mobile Dialer chat history may be collected and stored by us. However, your entire Mobile Dialer chat history may be permanently deleted by you at any time.
2. How do we use it?
* You may access and search this chat history for your own purposes.
* If you are a Business User or if you communicate with a Business User, we may, review, scan, or analyze any communication via the Services involving a Business User for risk assessment, fraud prevention and customer support purposes. Your communications will not be reviewed, scanned or analyzed for sending third party marketing messages to you. Neither will any of these reviews or analyses of communications
be sold to third parties. Also, wherever possible, automated methods will be used to carry out these reviews or analyses. However, some communications may have to be manually reviewed from time to time.
* It may be used to collect aggregated data from your chat history. We may use the data to improve the Service by building language models. This data will only be collected on an aggregated basis, and will in no way reveal any personally identifiable information about any individual user. This data will be used to help us understand our users interests, to analyze trends, and to customize the user experience.
Sharing Your Information
* We may share your information with parties other than Mobile Dialer or its users (the Third Parties) in addition to the purposes described above. We reserve the right to share your information with Third Parties without prior notification or without soliciting additional permission, however in some cases your permission may be requested before we share that information. Some situations where we may share your information without soliciting further permission are discussed below:
* We may share certain information about you (including information that could be used to identify you personally) with companies that we engage to facilitate our Service, perform Service-related functions, and/or provide the Service on our behalf, such as Internet Service Providers and hosting service providers. These companies are required to keep your information in confidence, and are prohibited from it in any way other than performing services for or on behalf of Mobile Dialer.
* Your information (including information which could be used to personally identify you) may be disclosed when we believe that such a disclosure is necessary:
* To respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other compulsory legal process
* To protect our property rights and investigate & defend against legal claims
* When we believe disclosure is necessary to protect others from death or serious body injury
* Your information may be transferred in the event that Mobile Dialer is involved in a merger, acquisition, divestiture, consolidation, reorganization, asset sale, or bankruptcy.
Controlling Your Information
* Posting in Chat Groups
* Every post or content made available in Chat Groups by you will be visible to every member of that Chat Group
* Communicating with Business Users
* When you communicate with or make content available to a Business User that content is provided directly to the Business User and is subject to the Business Users privacy or security practices and policies.
* Accessing and changing your Account Information; deleting your Account
* You can edit, update, or delete your account at any time. If you delete your account, you wont be able to sign in, use the Service, or access any of your information. If you delete your account, we may retain certain information associated with your account, for analytical purposes and recordkeeping. If you delete your account with us, please be aware that we may retain any content you have previously posted on the Service, including, without limitation, any other data or posted content.
Opting out of Receiving Communications
* You can opt out of receiving communications from us by clicking the unsubscribe link (or similarly labelled link) at the bottom of a particular communication. Note that you wont be able to opt out of service-related communications like service announcements, administrative notices, and the like.
* Your account, registration information, and password are protected so that only you (or any third parties that you allow to access your login credentials) can access your account. All personally identifiable information that we collect about you is stored in limited-access servers. The Service has technical, administrative, and physical security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information which is under our control. While we are committed to implementing reasonable and appropriate safeguards to protect your information against foreseeable risks, no computer system or information can ever be fully protected against any possible risk, and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not be able to circumvent those safeguards, or access and/or use your personal information for improper purposes.